- See more at: http://blogtimenow.com/blogging/automatically-redirect-blogger-blog-another-blog-website/#sthash.7ohWPPsG.dpuf Eat Your Kale: Wow

Saturday, February 6, 2010

Wow

One would think 27 years in Minnesota (with a 4-year detour in Syracuse) would prepare me for snow. This was unreal! According to the WashingtonPost.com, my neighborhood (Ballston) received a total of 28" during the roughly 34 hours of snowfall. I believe it. Dulles Airport (further west of me) got 32.4"! Un-freakin-believable, really. We have a bunch of big pine trees folded in half along the streets and I just don't know where they're possibly going to plow all this snow to!

I had a lazy day, filled with Comcast On Demand and some pathetic attempts at walks. I had to throw my body weight against the door to get outside, then carry Jakers to the nearest major street, which had tire tracks for him to walk in. Luckily there were no cars out, so this was plenty safe. It was cute to watch him hop through the snow like a little white bunny rabbit.

I also broke my diet AGAIN and made pancakes for breakfast...then roasted potatoes for dinner. WAY too many carbs, but snow days call for comfort food, right?

Side note -when stranded in an apartment all alone for the night, don't watch scary movies. I watched "Saw II" and "Paranormal Activities". Luckily, I don't get too freaked out by movies. But I think I may keep a nightlight on tonight, just in case!

No comments:

Post a Comment