- See more at: http://blogtimenow.com/blogging/automatically-redirect-blogger-blog-another-blog-website/#sthash.7ohWPPsG.dpuf Eat Your Kale: Budget Taters

Sunday, April 5, 2009

Budget Taters

Since moving to DC, my budget is oh-so tight! I took a week off between jobs for the move and this whole process has been so expensive! I went to this little market across the street after work on Wednesday so I could get some produce and basics. It was a unique little market, but so convenient and inexpensive! I'm trying to be smart and make my dollars stretch a bit until I get my first paycheck from PETA. So I utilized the potatoes that were on sale and made a dinner of roasted garlic potatoes. No real recipe, since it was more eyeballing the seasonings, but I chopped up the potatoes into bite-size chunks and put them in a mixing bowl with some minced garlic, extra virgin olive oil, salt, pepper, Old Bay Seasoning, parsley and oregano. Stir everything up, spread mixture on a pan (I like my Pampered Chef baking stone) and cover with tinfoil. I baked at 400-degrees for about 30-45 minutes, checking on it after about 20 minutes to turn over so the sides brown evenly.

I didn't take a picture, but I don't think you'll need a visual on this one. :) It's filling, satisfying, flavorful and a pretty darn good dinner. I paired it with a spinach salad to get some greens in, but it could also be a side dish to any main course.

Work went well this week. I'm loving that my daily work is directly affecting the cause I am most passionate about. I think week 2 will give me even more insight as to my role with PETA, but I think I learned a lot over my first week. Also still loving DC! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment