- See more at: http://blogtimenow.com/blogging/automatically-redirect-blogger-blog-another-blog-website/#sthash.7ohWPPsG.dpuf Eat Your Kale: Good Hurt

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Good Hurt

Oy vey! I haven't been this sore in many, many years. I took part in CrossFit for the first time tonight. It's a super intense strength and conditioning sort of work out. I have a friend in Florida who swears by it and has been doing it for around 6 months now. She's a personal trainer and gymnastics coach, and yet will still have nights at CrossFit that make her totally sore the next morning - so you KNOW it's a good workout!

I was nervous I was going to walk into a situation of super skinny girls with 6-packs and ripped military men. My friend, Cassie, assured me there are all types of people at her gym and not to stress it. So I show up, walk in - there in front of me are 5 of the most physically fit men I've ever seen. Then there was me. :)
But it worked out fine - everyone was really nice and helpful and while those guys did their usual workout, the gym owner worked with me a program called "Cindy" (I think they all have names). It's 5 pull-ups, 10 push-ups and 15 squats - repeated for 15 minutes. Sounded easy. (Before I started, I even asked him if I should hold weights when I did squats - HA!) I could barely stand up when it was done. I even had to start doing push-ups on my knees part way through -- GASP! I'm the fat kid in gym class who can't do a real push-up!!

I'm hoping I can stand tomorrow morning, when my alarm goes off. I know on the way out to my car, I would not have been surprised if I collapsed. And flopping my arms onto the steering wheel was a struggle. But I know I'm on my way to fitness! This Friday will be my first official intro course - I get 3 one-on-one sessions with the owner to get familiar with the terminology and work on form.

I have visions of bathing suits in Vegas dancing in my head. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment