- See more at: http://blogtimenow.com/blogging/automatically-redirect-blogger-blog-another-blog-website/#sthash.7ohWPPsG.dpuf Eat Your Kale: Not Quite Bill Gates

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Not Quite Bill Gates

I got a new cell phone yesterday. I intended to post this blog last night, but instead I spent about 4 hours playing with my new smart phone. I researched this for months, and ended up staying with Verizon Wireless and going with the Android ERIS. It's SO COOL. I thought my BlackBerry Pearl did a lot, but it ain't got nothin' on this ERIS!

My favorite feature, thus far, is that you can use voice recognition for search. So I can select Google search, then just say (for example) "eat your kale" and it finds my blog. (Also exciting to see my blog in search results...although, can't imagine many people are searching for "eat your kale"!)

But before I opened the packaging on this exciting phone last night, I first made a delicious dinner. I found this recipe in my latest issue of "Vegetarian Times" (my fave magazine ever). I was really excited to make my own, homemade hummus - and in this recipe, it creates a hearty filling so that you might not even miss the cheese! (I think it would be esp tasty topped with some guacamole!)


Pita Quesadillas with Cilantro Hummus

Hummus
  • 1/2 cup cilantro leaves
  • 2 cloves garlic, peeled
  • 15 oz can chickpeas, drained & rinsed
  • 2 Tbsp lime juice
  • 2 Tbsp olive oil
Quesadillas
  • 4 whole wheat pitas, split crosswise
  • 4 jarred roasted red peppers, drained and sliced into strips
  • 1 1/2 cups baby spinach leaves
Preheat oven to 350-degrees.
Make hummus: In a food processor, combine cilantro and garlic and blend until chopped. Add chickpeas, lime juice, olive oil and 1/4 cup water. Puree 3 mins, or until smooth.

Make quesadillas: Place 4 pita halves on baking sheet. Spread about 1/2 cup hummus on each. Top with red peppers, spinach and remaining pita halves.
Bake 10 minutes or until crisp. Cut into triangles and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment