- See more at: http://blogtimenow.com/blogging/automatically-redirect-blogger-blog-another-blog-website/#sthash.7ohWPPsG.dpuf Eat Your Kale: For the Love of Guac

Sunday, January 18, 2009

For the Love of Guac

I've decided to dedicate today's post to a recipe my brother shared with me -- his amazing guacamole. I'm dedicating it to him as a show of sympathy, as my alma mater wiped up the basketball court with his alma mater earlier today. It's tough to always be on the losing side, right bro? :)

Anyhow, I digress. I was never much of a guacamole eater until he enlightened me. He was visiting Minneapolis this past summer for a weekend -- and I picked him up at the airport and for some reason, on the way home, we started talking about guacamole and he claimed he made a mean bowl. I decided to make him prove it, stopping at a grocery store on the way. After he made it, I nearly finished off the entire bowl before my Mom even arrived home. And now I have to resist buying avocados at the grocery store, because if I make guac, I eat guac....nonstop until it's gone! And, really, that wouldn't be so bad if it weren't for the fact I eat half a bag of chips along with it.

However, I've brought this recipe along to many-a-party, and it's such a big hit! And of course, vegans and meat eaters alike love it, so just a bonus there! :)
Enjoy!

Heavenly Guacamole

3 avocados (peeled, pitted & mashed)
2 tbsp lime juice
1 tsp salt (I like to use sea salt or kosher salt for an extra kick!)
1/2 c. diced onion
3 tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
3 handfuls grape tomatoes
1 tsp minced garlic

In a medium bowl, mash together the avocados, lime juice and salt. Mix in onion, cilantro, tomatoes and garlic. Refrigerator an hour, to allow flavors to marinade.

No comments:

Post a Comment