- See more at: http://blogtimenow.com/blogging/automatically-redirect-blogger-blog-another-blog-website/#sthash.7ohWPPsG.dpuf Eat Your Kale: Finally on Board

Thursday, January 15, 2009

Finally on Board

I'm a blogger! :) I decided, laying in bed unable to fall asleep last night, that I should start a blog. Not really sure WHY I "should" start a blog, but I think it's two-fold. (1) I work in digital media, so it seems like it's a crowd I should be running with and (2) I'm super opinionated and like to talk about myself. It's true.

So the basis of my blog, since it's the most relevant thing in my life, will be my vegan experiences. I decided to live a vegan lifestyle last May (of 2008) after attending an animal advocacy conference called Their Lives, Our Voices at the University of Minnesota. I was already mostly vegetarian, with the exception of seafood. But veganism was a huge step for me. But the best step I ever took! So I'm still learning exactly how to navigate this scene and thought maybe blogging could help others who are new to veganism -- or even just thinking about it. Sharing recipes, resources, struggles will all probably happen on a regular basis here.

I must also forewarn that I have an unhealthy obsession with my dog and cat. Mr Jakerson's Franklin (Jake or Jakers) is my dog. I got him from the Humane Society in May 2007 and he's amazing. Totally needy, totally not always housetrained and totally overweight -- but he's the love of my life. 5 months after adopting him, I got his sister, Mabel. She was part of a stray litter of kittens that a friend found in a barn. Before she brought the litter into a shelter, as the weather was turning cold, I snatched up the runt and brought her home. So I will talk about them a lot, as well. Get ready. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment