- See more at: http://blogtimenow.com/blogging/automatically-redirect-blogger-blog-another-blog-website/#sthash.7ohWPPsG.dpuf Eat Your Kale: I Heart Sea Kittens

Thursday, January 22, 2009

I Heart Sea Kittens

This is my new favorite campaign:
http://www.peta2.com/Sea_Kittens/index.asp

It's so adorable! But beyond the cute factor, it's a brilliant way to address the issue of consuming fish. Nobody feels bad for the fish -- and I agree, I'm not aching to snuggle on the couch with a salmon anytime soon. But if you think of them as being creatures - just as adorable kittens are - you kind of think twice about consuming them.

I posted the link to this campaign on my Facebook status yesterday and a friend from college remarked that she would still eat her spicy tuna roll even if it WAS a spicy kitten roll, since she couldn't stand cats. After I got beyond the gag reflex at the thought of consuming my baby Mabel, I sent her a link to another amazing site, that I think changed her mind. icanhascheezburger.com -- check it out! (sample adorable image to the left, from the site)


Anyhow, back to the Sea Kittens/PETA2 campaign, I created my own Sea Kitten on the site. I named her Eunice, since I think giving pets old-fashioned names is adorable. I'll include her pic below...but go create your own!!


No comments:

Post a Comment