- See more at: http://blogtimenow.com/blogging/automatically-redirect-blogger-blog-another-blog-website/#sthash.7ohWPPsG.dpuf Eat Your Kale: Semi-New Year's Resolutions?

Friday, January 29, 2010

Semi-New Year's Resolutions?

Is it strange that I decided just this week to set some new years resolutions? I've never been someone who was even into the whole resolution thing. I ALWAYS want to lose weight, I ALWAYS want to eat healthier, I ALWAYS want to save money. So I've never really understood the point. But for some reason, I wanted to have some things to focus on and work towards right now. I also wanted to put them in writing and keep them someplace in my apartment, where I could see them each day, as a reminder of some changes I want to make, so I jotted them on a piece of printer paper and keep them on my desk.

Here's what we're workin' with (in no particular order):
  • Eat healthier
  • Train for, and run, the 2010 Marine Corps Marathon
  • Wear my retainer regularly
  • Save money - invest wisely in my ING savings account and 401(k)
  • Focus on advancing my career
  • Find a church home
  • Get involved in the local community
Not too shabby, eh? Some are easier than others. The retainer thing seems weird, I know, but I want to keep my teeth nice and when I forget to wear it for awhile, my teeth visibly shift. Mom and Dad spent $2-grand on these pearly whites, so gotta make it a wise investment!

I've been really good about eating well and running so far in January. And with my great new job, that's definitely helping to advance my career! I've put a little moolah into my savings account, but my 401(k) doesn't kick in until 45 days in at the new gig. I haven't really made an effort with the last two, but hey - I've got 11 more months, right?! So now that I've thrown it on the blog, I have people who can keep me accountable. If anyone else actually reads this, that is! :)

I encourage other folks to set some goals...always nice to be able to check off a list!

No comments:

Post a Comment