- See more at: http://blogtimenow.com/blogging/automatically-redirect-blogger-blog-another-blog-website/#sthash.7ohWPPsG.dpuf Eat Your Kale: Fat Kid, Runnin'

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Fat Kid, Runnin'

I think I found the best way to watch what I eat at night (my most dangerous snacking time). I need to run after work, before dinner. Because (a) I have less of an appetite right after a run and (b) I don't want to eat after just working my butt of to lose the calories. Tonight I had a baked potato and sauteed kale and garlic. Yum! - but healthy! I'm gonna stop the morning runs and switch to evening runs for awhile!

I'm still trying to re-familiarize my body with what exercise feels like - since I've done nothing, outside of walking, for the past 6+ months - but I am not cute while huffing and puffing down the street. Not only am I chubby, but to add insult to injury, all of my running clothes are a leetle too small. And I can suck in pretty hard for the first mile, but after that, I just don't care how much gut is hanging over my waistband. (I hope you have a lovely visual.) But when I'm the driver, passing a chubby runner, I give them more credit than the skinny folk. It'd be a lot easier to run if I had 50 less lbs on me!

Here's my beef (I need to find another way of wording that) with DC runners. In Minnesota, when you pass another runner, they smile...or nod...or wave...or say hello. I keep smiling and waving to DC runners and get a blank, almost angry, stare in return. What the eff, people?! We're one in the same - super cool runnin' people. SMILE AT ME, YO! It must just be that whole "Minnesota nice" thing. I will try not to hold a grudge against the mean, miserable jerk face DC runners. On second thought - maybe no one's smiling, because they're busy staring in awe at my gut...hanging over my waist band. Hmmm.

On that note, I want to share my brownies recipe with you. Best brownies ever. I made a pan tonight for a bake sale that we're holding at work tomorrow. All the funds raise will be matched by our agency and donated to help the survivors of the Haiti earthquake. So not only do these brownies not contain any animal cruelty, but they will also help people! Enjoy.

Vegan Brownies

INGREDIENTS

  • 2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
  • 2 cups white sugar
  • 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 3/4 cup water
  • ½ cup strong coffee
  • ¼ cup vegetable oil
  • ½ cup unsweetened applesauce
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1 cups vegan chocolate chips

DIRECTIONS

  1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
  2. In a large bowl, stir together the flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt. Pour in water, coffee, vegetable oil, applesauce, vanilla and chocolate chips; mix until well blended. Spread evenly in a 9x13 inch baking pan.
  3. Bake for 30 to 45 minutes in the preheated oven, until the top is no longer shiny. Let cool for at least 10 minutes before cutting into squares.

No comments:

Post a Comment