- See more at: http://blogtimenow.com/blogging/automatically-redirect-blogger-blog-another-blog-website/#sthash.7ohWPPsG.dpuf Eat Your Kale: Never a Dull Moment

Monday, April 19, 2010

Never a Dull Moment

April is a crazy busy month for me. Vegas was A BLAST. I survived the bathing suit. :) Then this past weekend I flew to Minnesota for my niece's 2nd birthday party - which was also A BLAST...in a different sort of way. This coming weekend, my mom and sister are flying out to stay with me. So much going on! And with that, I haven't been grocery shopping because I can't stand to throw out produce, but I can't get through an entire bag of spinach or an entire bunch of broccoli in under a week. So, I'm making due with what I have in the house already.

Tonight I'm waiting for my roasted potatoes to come out of the oven while enjoying some delicious biscuits. I found these biscuits on another blog, through VegNews - a great magazine. They are super duper simple - I made them, start to finish, in under 15 minutes. They remind me of KFC biscuits, which I loved as a kid. I now realize KFC is an evil empire, so am glad to find a vegan and delicious replacement for their goods! Give 'em a try - they're a great supplement to any meal or a stand-alone snack! Besides, now that Vegas is out of the way, we don't have to be quite as stressed about carbs, guys. :)


5 Ingredient Biscuits

1-2/3 cups flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
2/3 cup non-dairy milk
1/3 cup oil

  1. Preheat oven to 475 degrees. In a large bowl, mix together flour, baking powder, and salt. Add milk and oil, and mix until just combined.
  2. With a 1/4-cup measuring cup, ice-cream scoop, or your clean hands, drop dough onto an ungreased baking sheet. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes until bottoms are golden brown.
  3. Top with non-hydrogenated margarine, syrup, jam, peanut butter, gravy, or anything else that you could possibly put on bread. Devour!
Check out the Savvy Abby blog for some fun twists -- I can wait to try the garlic/cheese version of them!

No comments:

Post a Comment