- See more at: http://blogtimenow.com/blogging/automatically-redirect-blogger-blog-another-blog-website/#sthash.7ohWPPsG.dpuf Eat Your Kale: Only in DC

Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Only in DC

Have I ever mentioned that I have a part-time gig babysitting? If not - I'm telling you now. I work at a nonprofit and am not the most financially brilliant person you will ever meet. A second job helps support my food addiction. :) They are a great family who found me on care.com - a website I used for occasional babysitting gigs. But they have me over two nights a week and one day on the weekend, so I don't NEED the additional gigs. It's great. And they live literally 4 minutes from me. Perfecto!

Anyhow, tonight I was babysitting for them (two boys - age 4 and 6) and we decided to play with sidewalk chalk. I rediscovered my love of the chalk. They keep telling me to draw more roads on the driveway, so they can drive their cars. Then of course we need buildings! So I draw a house...a school...an office building...a factory. And I say, "I think our neighborhood is complete!" And the older boy says, "I don't think so". "What is our neighborhood missing?" I ask. And he replies, "What's a neighborhood without a Lincoln Memorial!?" HA. Only in DC would a 6 year old say that! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment