- See more at: http://blogtimenow.com/blogging/automatically-redirect-blogger-blog-another-blog-website/#sthash.7ohWPPsG.dpuf Eat Your Kale: I'm with the Bride

Sunday, October 3, 2010

I'm with the Bride

Busy lady!
I've had a hectic couple of weeks. Not only have I been doing a lot of babysitting (which I enjoy and makes me money, so no complaints!) and running, but I was also in Minnesota for 5 days for one of my friends' weddings. I was honored to stand up as a bridesmaid in Shannon and Ryan's wedding - alongside some of my other wonderful friends. I'm so thankful that I've maintained these friendships since high school - these girls have seen me at both my best and my worst....and stuck with me! :) Shannon made a beautiful bride and it was one of the most fun nights of my life. I'm just sad it's over!


As far as my running, things ain't lookin' as bright. I'm in A LOT of pain lately. I am fairly certain it's plantar fasciitis - so the swelling of the thick band of tissue (the plantar fascia) on the bottom of the foot. It's causing me pain in my arch, my heel, my knee -- just bad news. I tried taking a week off of running (which coincided with the wedding, when I knew my miles would be low anyhow) and it didn't seem to help at all. I still woke up every morning, barely being able to put weight on my right foot. And as soon as I started running again, same issues. The only positive thing about this particular injury, though, is once I get a mile or so into my run, the pain goes away and so I am fine during the run. It's after the run - esp the next morning - that is brutal. So I'm not worried about my ability to run 26.2, but my training is being tailored back a bit. It's always something, right?

I've been doing WAY too much take-out and frozen/boxed meals lately. So no new recipes to share. Although, I'm enjoying some homemade hummus in quesadillas as we speak. But since I didn't have pitas or roasted red peppers, I used flour tortillas and tomatoes. Always ways to make it work with whatever it is you have on hand!

No comments:

Post a Comment