- See more at: http://blogtimenow.com/blogging/automatically-redirect-blogger-blog-another-blog-website/#sthash.7ohWPPsG.dpuf Eat Your Kale: Pizza Makes me Run Faster

Monday, May 31, 2010

Pizza Makes me Run Faster

Marathon training began today! I'm 22 weeks out, and ready to get the party started. I picked a pretty terrible day to sleep in, though, since by the time I hit the road for a 5-mile run, it was close to 90-degrees and a humidity level of ridiculous (that's a technical term). But it's Memorial Day and the last day of a 3-day weekend...no need to get up too early, right?

I've been craving comfort food this weekend, and gave in to some temptations. The "recipe" (not too complicated - one might be able to figure that out on their own!) below is something my mom used to make for us. It's such a typical Midwestern meal -- kind of cheesy, but the kids love it. I'm still a kid at heart, though, so decided it was totally socially acceptable to fix for dinner tonight. :) That, paired with some waffles for breakfast (using my pancake recipe), it's been a carb-o-licious day. So the calories burned on that brutal run are much-needed!

English Muffin Pizzas

  • English Muffins, sliced in half
  • 1-2 veggie dogs (sliced into small, "sausage-like" pieces)
  • Bottle of pizza sauce
  • Small can of mushrooms
  • Daiya vegan shredded cheese
Preheat oven to 400-degrees. Slice english muffins in half. Spread pizza sauce over each half. Next, portion out veggie dog slices and canned mushrooms (any other pizza ingredients you want!) and place on top of each english muffin. Finally, top with a handful of shredded Daiya. Place in oven for about 10-minutes, then move to broiler for ~2 minutes, to melt and brown cheese.

No comments:

Post a Comment