- See more at: http://blogtimenow.com/blogging/automatically-redirect-blogger-blog-another-blog-website/#sthash.7ohWPPsG.dpuf Eat Your Kale: Who Needs Friends When You Have Pets?

Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Who Needs Friends When You Have Pets?

Alright, even I can recognize this is starting to get unhealthy. I am opting out of social events so I can stay at home with Jakers and Mabel. Now, granted, in Minneapolis I was known for cutting out of happy hour early...or meeting people out later -- after I ran home and spent time with the babes. But now I'm in a new city, where I should be anxious to experience the nightlife...and see the friends that I have only seen a handful of times since college, and the old maid portion of my personality is getting the better of me. My friend Kristen, whom I assume took psych in college, tells me our relationship is a "mutually amplifying feedback loop". She's witnessed, first hand, the pure joy that streams from the room when Jakers and I are reunited after I'm gone for 30 minutes. :) We can't help it...he loves me, I love him...it's a special thing.

Plus, they're still adjusting to a new city and a new home. They need someone there to help ease that transition. I mean, yes, it's been a month and a half now...but there's not time line for a baby's psyche. We can't put a timer on that.

I'm hoping blogging about this helps me fully acknowledge how abnormal it is. That I'm a single 27 year old who should be pursuing social interactions. Even though I do have a comfy couch, a 42-inch flat screen and two of the snoogliest boos that I know. Jus' sayin'...

No comments:

Post a Comment