- See more at: http://blogtimenow.com/blogging/automatically-redirect-blogger-blog-another-blog-website/#sthash.7ohWPPsG.dpuf Eat Your Kale: Simple Vegan Sugar Cookies

Sunday, June 24, 2012

Simple Vegan Sugar Cookies

I love productive weekends. I love being able to make a big ol' to-do list on Friday and cross everything off by Sunday afternoon. This was one of those weekends. Granted, there was also a lot of downtime in my weekend -- the older I get, the more I appreciate a weekend of staying in. So yesterday involved a lot of napping, reading, and movie/TV watching. Jakers and Mabel LOVED IT. So then today, I kicked it into high gear and got up early, did a long run (15 weeks until the Chicago Marathon!!), and ran errands all morning.

Baking was *not* on my list this weekend, but Lord knows a girl needs something sweet to snack on. One of my go-to cookie recipes is this super simple sugar cookie recipe that I came across a few years ago. It's one of those recipes that requires totally basic ingredients that I always have on hand. And - bonus - they are SO TASTY! I found it on Mercy for Animals' website - they're an incredible nonprofit that promotes a vegan lifestyle.

I'm going to get back to crossing off my to-do list...and eating a few of these cookies while they're still warm!
Simple Vegan Sugar Cookies
  • 1 1/2 cups flour
  • 1/2 cup sugar
  • 1/2 tsp. baking soda
  • 1/2 tsp. salt
  • 1/2 cup oil
  • 1 Tbsp. vanilla
  • 1 Tbsp. maple syrup
  • Egg replacer equivalent of 1 egg
  • Cinnamon and sugar, to coat
Mix the dry ingredients in a bowl. Mix the wet ingredients in a separate small bowl (make sure they're blended well). Stir the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients. Using your hands form the dough into a big ball. (If it sticks together well, then it's the right consistency. If not, add a bit of water and mix it well.) Form the dough into cookie-sized balls and roll them into the cinnamon-sugar mixture. Place on an ungreased cookie sheet. Flatten each ball a little bit. Bake at 375°F degrees for about 7 minutes. Makes about 18 cookies.

No comments:

Post a Comment